- BBC News
- The International Criminal Court asks the United Nations Security Council to take action over Djibouti's failure to arrest Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who was indicted by the court on charges of war crimes.
- African leaders meet in Chad to discuss the Great Green Wall tree belt from Senegal to Djibouti in the battle against the Sahara.
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy, speaking at the launch of the 25th Africa-France summit in Nice, calls for Africa to be represented on the United Nations Security Council, and promises to back changes when France chairs the G8 and G-20 major economies groups in 2011.
- A six-nation east African regional bloc consisting of Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan and Uganda urges global sanctions on Eritrea for backing Islamist rebels in neighbouring war-torn Somalia.
- The Kenitra-Tangier high-speed rail line, the first in Africa, is inaugurated.