- BBC News
- A adj=on - m wide asteroid named 2018 LA was estimated (before impact) to have an 82% chance of having impacted Earth today, with several corroborating reports from Botswana. An OFM media report from near Klerksdorp, North West province, South Africa, describes "'a light' falling from the sky" at 18:49 (UTC+02:00) Saturday night.
- A wall collapses onto playing children in Doornfontein, South Africa, killing three.
- Police arrest five suspects over a firebombing of a bus in Limpopo, South Africa that killed six people.
- Police say a firebombing of a bus in Driekop, South Africa, killed six people.
- Makhosi Khoza, leader of South Africa's African Democratic Change party, resigns just five months after the party formed.