Israel agrees to a truce starting Thursday with the Hamas-led government in the Gaza Strip.
- BBC News
- The Palestinian Authority rejects proposals from Israel and the United States to reduce sanctions that the PA has imposed on Hamas-controlled Gaza. The PA says that there is a "conspiracy" afoot to create a "humanitarian issue" out of the disagreements.
- The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) open fire on a group of Palestinian men trying to sabotage the Israeli-Gazan border fence, killing three and injuring two others. The IDF also attacks a Hamas outpost near the border, stating that the location was used to launch incendiary kites and other objects in an attempt to burn Israeli fields.
- Senior Hamas member Yehiyeh Sinwar suggests that tens of thousands of Palestinian protestors may try to cross the border fence between Israel and the Gaza Strip.
- The Israeli Defence Forces releases footage of a man fatally shot yesterday during an apparent attempt to breach the Gazan border fence. Israel says he was carrying an AK-47 and explosive devices including grenades, and accused Hamas of "playing with fire".
- Protests enter a second week, with the death toll from last week's clashes at the Israeli-Gazan border rising to 19. Hamas organisers direct participants to stay well back from the border fence to prevent further violence.