- Press Association via Google News
- Hundreds of Taliban militants swarm in the Arghandab District of Kandahar Province with the Afghan government sending reinforcements to the nearby city of Kandahar.
- War in Afghanistan: Scores of Taliban are killed in heavy fighting in the Kandahar and Arghandab regions of Afghanistan.
- Afghan general and Kandahar police chief Abdul Raziq Achakzai is assassinated by one of his bodyguards during a high-level meeting inside the governor's compound with U.S. general Austin S. Miller. Gen. Miller escaped unharmed according to officials while the governor was critically injured. The Taliban claims responsibility.
- Three Taliban insurgents are killed by a team of Afghan police and private commandos after attacking a former National Directorate of Security headquarters in Kandahar, Afghanistan. The Taliban claims they killed four commandos and five policemen, which police deny.
- Four Canadian soldiers and a journalist, Michelle Lang of the "Calgary Herald, "are killed in a vehicle explosion in Kandahar, Afghanistan.