- Reuters via ''The Guardian
- The House of Representatives of Japan passes a resolution criticising the President of South Korea Lee Myung-bak's recent visit to the disputed Liancourt Rocks.
- The South Korean Yonhap news agency reports that the President of South Korea Lee Myung-bak is considering visiting the disputed Liancourt Rocks, which are also claimed by Japan.
- The President of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, commences the first official visit by a South Korean leader to Myanmar since 1983, when North Korean commandos attempted to assassinate the then-President, Chun Doo-hwan, in a bomb attack.
- The President of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, states that he is open to negotiations with North Korea on its nuclear program, but calls on the North to avoid "provocations".
- The President of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, meets with the Prime Minister of Japan, Yoshihiko Noda, in Seoul.