Demonstrators in the Moquegua Region in southern Peru release 48 police officers who they had held hostage for a day.
- In Lima, Peru, a 36-year-old man gets on a public transport bus and sets fire to the passengers, after spraying them with gasoline, leaving 10 people injured. The most affected, a 22-year-old young woman, was seriously injured and believed to be the target of the attack.
- Heads of state and government from across the Americas meet in Lima, Peru, for the Eighth Summit of the Americas.
- Peruvian ex-President Pedro Pablo Kuczynski's homes are raided by police investigating Operation Car Wash. A judge orders him to remain in Peru.
- A coach transiting the Pan-American Highway plunges off the road in Arequipa, Peru, killing 44 people.
- A coach bus plunges off a cliff on a coastal road in Peru, killing at least 48 people.