- The government of Colombia confirms that the eruption of Nevado del Huila, a volcano in southern Colombia, has led to at least 10 deaths in recent days and the evacuation of 12,000 people.
- Colombia's Nevado del Huila volcano erupts, provoking avalanches and floods that sweep away houses and bridges, which , in turn, prompt hundreds to evacuate.
- Colombia evacuates towns near the Nevado del Ruiz volcano over concerns about a possible eruption.
- Colombia's Galeras volcano erupts.
- Also in Colombia the Nevado del Huila, the country's highest volcano, has showed increasing seismic activity including a cloud of ash. A high state of alert is in place for 4 departments.