Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines reaches an agreement with Northwest Airlines to take over Northwest and create the world's biggest airline.
- AP via Google News
- Two American air carriers, Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines, have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Delta has lost over six billion USD since the start of 2001.
- Delta Air Lines cancels about 530 flights worldwide on the second day of its major computer systems problem due to malfunctioning switchgear.
- Delta Air Lines ground their operations after a malfunction in their system headquarters.
- The United States tentatively approves eight, of 12 that applied, airlines for flights from 10 U.S. cities to Havana as early as this fall: Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, and United Airlines. Last month, flights were approved from five U.S. cities to nine other international airports.
- A Delta Air Lines McDonnell Douglas MD-88 aircraft attempting to complete a snowing landing, veers to the left side off of a recently-plowed runway, thereby missing the end of runway emergency arresting device, and skids onto the edge of water embankment at LaGuardia Airport, New York, United States.