Trevor Immelman of South Africa wins the 2008 Masters Tournament.
Trevor Immelman has become the first South African to win the US Masters in 30 years.
- Reuters via ABC
- A wall collapses onto playing children in Doornfontein, South Africa, killing three.
- Police arrest five suspects over a firebombing of a bus in Limpopo, South Africa that killed six people.
- Police say a firebombing of a bus in Driekop, South Africa, killed six people.
- Makhosi Khoza, leader of South Africa's African Democratic Change party, resigns just five months after the party formed.
- Police in Mahikeng, Northwest Province, South Africa, fire rubber bullets as protestors against corruption and public service provision riot. President Cyril Ramaphosa leaves a Commonwealth summit in London to attend the scene.