Robert Zoellick, the president of the World Bank, calls for immediate action to tackle rising food prices which have caused rioting in several countries.
- AP via Google News
- The World Bank announces plans to select a new President to replace Robert Zoellick when his term expires in June.
- The World Bank announces that its President, Robert Zoellick, is stepping down when his term ends in June.
- Robert Zoellick, the President of the World Bank, claims that the world economy has entered the "danger zone", with the United States, European Union and Japan having to make tough decisions.
- Robert Zoellick, the President of the World Bank estimates that the 2010 Pakistan floods have caused $1 billion in damages to crops.
- According to a new World Bank report, climate change could drive more than 100 million people into poverty by 2030 largely due to difficulties producing crops.