Deputy Prime Minister of Kosovo Hajredin Kui announces that the newly independent country plans to open 20 embassies abroad.
- Voters in Kosovo go to the polls for a snap election to replace the government of Prime Minister Isa Mustafa, who was removed from office in a no-confidence motion last month.
- Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic accuses Kosovo of "seeking a war" after a train, en route to the Serb-majority city of Mitrovica in North Kosovo, and decorated in Serbian national colors and the words ""Kosovo je Srbija"" (Kosovo is Serbia), was prevented from crossing the Kosovan border. The Prime Minister of Kosovo Isa Mustafa says the train had been stopped "to protect the country's sovereignty".
- Attackers exchange gunfire with guards at Kosovo's Prime Minister Hashim Thai's home.
- Kosovar Prime Minister Hashim Thai unveils a "Welcome to the Republic of Kosovo" sign (in Albanian, Serbian, and English) at the border with Serbia.
- Germany becomes the first country to formalize its recognition of Kosovo by renaming its diplomatic office in Pristina into an embassy.