Mayor Anders Lago of Sdertlje, Sweden, says that his small city of about 80,000 is currently home to nearly 6,000 Iraqis. "More refugees than the United States and Canada together".
- The International Herald Tribune
- The United States government opens up a partnership with the Swedish municipality of Sodertalje, a city of 80,000 that has received nearly 6,000 Iraqi refugees since the beginning of the Iraq war.
- Canada agrees to sign the new United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement deal which replaces the North American Free Trade Agreement that was reached in August by the United States and Mexico.
- Yazidi demonstrators at Calgary City Hall in Calgary, Alberta call for the Canadian government to help with efforts to reunite family members in Canada who fled the genocide perpetrated by ISIL in 2014 with those still living in Iraq.
- The United States and Mexico reach common ground on key trade terms in the North American Free Trade Agreement. Canada has yet to sign off on the agreement.
- Israel Defense Forces extract 98 White Helmets and 324 others from recently recaptured southwestern Syrian territory into Jordan, at the request of Canada and the United States. Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany offer refuge to some of them. Two other groups intended for rescue, comprising about 800 people, do not escape.