Venezuela announces that it will reopen its embassy in Colombia and welcome back Colombian diplomats expelled during the regional diplomatic crisis.
- AP via Google News
- 2008 Andean diplomatic crisis: Interpol confirms that Colombia did not tamper with computer files in hardware seized from Raul Reyes. This alleged that Venezuela and Ecuador provided funding, assistance and drug routes to the terrorist group Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia. However, Interpol stated that they had not looked at the content of the files, only their authenticity.
- The President of Venezuela Hugo Chvez calls for a cooling of tensions with Colombia at a summit of the Rio Group presidents in the Dominican Republic. The Rio Group later approves a declaration aimed at reducing tensions between, Ecuador, Venezuela and Colombia.
- The United States pledges US$9 million in aid to Colombia to help support Venezuelan migrants in the country.
- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro says that he has "hard evidence" that the Colombian government planned and executed an attempted assassination attack on him on Saturday, and that he will release it later in the day.
- Newly inaugurated Colombian President Ivan Duque Marquez announces that he will not have an ambassador in neighboring Venezuela.