Swedish Minister for Foreign Affairs Carl Bildt becomes the first foreign minister to visit Kosovo since the country declared its independence.
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Swedish Minister for Foreign Affairs Carl Bildt says that Kosovo may become a European Union member state even if it is not a member of the United Nations.
- The International Court of Justice rules that Kosovo's unilateral declaration of independence was legal, in a move that could set a precedent for unrecognised countries.
- The International Court of Justice begins hearings into the legality of the Kosovan declaration of independence from Serbia.
- Kosovo's ruling party, the Democratic Party of Kosovo, claims victory in local elections, the first since the declaration of independence from Serbia.
- Kosovars go to the polls for the first local elections since declaring independence from Serbia.