Serbian Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica resigns, dissolving a coalition too divided over the loss of Kosovo to carry on governing.
- AP via Google News
- The Daily Telegraph
- Serbian Defense Minister Dragan Sutanovac accuses allies of Prime Minister Vojislav Kostunica of coordinating and leading anti-Western riots in Belgrade and Kosovo.
- Vojislav Kostunica, Prime Minister of Serbia, reverses the earlier decision by Serbian Minister of Education Ljiljana Colic to suspend the teaching of Darwin's theory of evolution in Serbian schools for the current school year. Colic had declared that the suspension would continue until schools could give equal weight to the ideas of Creationism.
- Serbian president Aleksandar Vucic nominates Ana Brnabic as the next Prime Minister of Serbia. If confirmed by the National Assembly, Brnabic will become Serbia's first female and lesbian Prime Minister.
- Voters in Serbia go to the polls for an election, which Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic of the conservative Serbian Progressive Party is expected to win. In projections, Vucic gets around 55% of the votes, avoiding a second round.
- Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic accuses Kosovo of "seeking a war" after a train, en route to the Serb-majority city of Mitrovica in North Kosovo, and decorated in Serbian national colors and the words ""Kosovo je Srbija"" (Kosovo is Serbia), was prevented from crossing the Kosovan border. The Prime Minister of Kosovo Isa Mustafa says the train had been stopped "to protect the country's sovereignty".