Philippine authorities arrest three people accused of plotting terrorist attacks on foreign embassies in Manila.
- BBC News
- Alexander Lubigan, Vice Mayor of Trece Martires, Philippines, is assassinated in an ambush.
- Philippine soldiers clash with militants from the ISIL-affiliated Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF), in the southern province of Maguindanao. The fighting began when BIFF militants attempted to occupy a town center, and lasted for 12 hours until the BIFF militants withdrew to the hills. Four militants were killed, while two militants, a Philippine soldier and a local militiaman were wounded.
- The Philippines immigration authority has ordered the deportation and blacklisting of an Australian nun who was investigated, under instruction from President Rodrigo Duterte, for her political activism.
- Antonio Halili, the mayor of Tanauan, Philippines, is shot dead by a sniper during a flag raising ceremony outside the city hall. Halili was known for parading people arrested on drug offenses through the city's streets.
- A Filipino container ship runs aground on a coral reef near Raroia, Tuamotus, French Polynesia. France sends an aircraft to survey the scene in response to a request for help by Raroia's mayor.