A shooting attack
At least eight people, including four children, are killed and dozens wounded in a shooting attack on the Mercaz HaRav yeshiva in Jerusalem.
Get local Miami news plus Miami breaking news, business, green, national, and world news from NBC 6 Miami.
- AP via WTVJ (Image)
- Paraguay announces that it will move its embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem by the end of May. Paraguay is the third country to relocate its embassy to Jerusalem after the United States and Guatemala.
- Paraguay opens its embassy in Jerusalem, making Paraguay the third country, after the United States and Guatemala, to transfer its diplomatic mission in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Romanian President Klaus Iohannis asks Prime Minister Viorica Dancila to resign. Iohannis says Dancila did not consult him before endorsing a plan to move Romania's embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.
- Ali Abu Hassan, a Hebron University student from Palestine, is convicted of planning a terror attack against light rail in Jerusalem using pipe bombs containing nails coated in rat poison. He is found guilty of attempted murder, manufacturing weapons, and an immigration offence.
- Israeli lawmakers Yuval Steinitz and Oren Hazan accuse Jerusalem-born actress Natalie Portman of antisemitism and seek to revoke her citizenship with Hazan calling her a "little hyprocrite liar" after she decides not to travel to Israel and accept the US$2 million Genesis Prize.