A bomb causes minor damage
A bomb causes minor damage to the door of a U.S. military recruiting center in Times Square, New York City.
- An automobile crashes into pedestrians in New York City's Times Square, killing one person and injuring several others. Police are investigating the incident as an accident.
- A photo of New York City Counterterrorism Officer Lawrence DePrimo, 25, taken today by an Arizona woman and posted on the New York City Police Department's Facebook page, which shows him buying a (normally $100) pair of waterproof winter boots from Skechers for a homeless Times Square man on 42nd Street without any shoes, goes viral, with 1.6 million views and 275,000 likes.
- New York City police question International Monetary Fund head Dominique Strauss-Kahn, arrested yesterday, over allegations that he sexually attacked a hotel maid near Times Square. Strauss-Kahn's schedule is threatened with interruption, with a meeting over the bailouts of Portugal and Greece with European Union finance ministers due in Brussels tomorrow.
- Part of New York City's Times Square is evacuated and sealed off as a car bomb is discovered and deactivated before it could be detonated.
- Two people were injured in an accident at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City when the M&M's balloon was tangled in a light pole and fell near Times Square. [https:--news.yahoo.com-s-ap-20051124-ap_on_re_us-thanksgiving_parade_16 (AP via Yahoo! News)] (Link dead as of 00:46, 15 January 2007 (UTC))