Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, is named the richest person in the world by "Forbes" magazine.
- Berkshire Hathaway, the conglomerate headed by Warren Buffett, announces a plan to invest $5 billion in Bank of America.
- Warren Buffett who through Berkshire Hathaway controls a significant block of the shares of Kraft came out in opposition to Kraft's proposal to float 370 million shares in order to fund its bid for the UK based confectioner Cadbury.
- Mars, Incorporated announces that it is buying the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, the world's largest chewing gum manufacturer, in a deal worth $23 billion. The deal is being partly financed by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway company.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc has become the largest shareholder of Bank of America by exercising its right to acquire 700 million shares at a steep discount, more than tripling an investment it made six years ago. Bank of America on Tuesday announced the exercise of the warrants, which gave Berkshire, controlled by Warren Buffett, the right to buy the bank's shares for about $7.14 each. Bank of America shares closed down 14 cents at $23.58 on the same day.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. agrees to pay USD $9 billion to buy the parent of Texas power transmission company Oncor Electric Delivery.