Saudi Arabia announces plans to execute a Canadian man and a Saudi friend convicted of murder by beheading them in public.
- Arab News
- Canwest News
- Saudi Arabia withdraws its Ambassador from Canada, and orders the Canadian counterpart to leave the country in 24 hours, after Canada calls for the release of activists who are in detention in the Middle East nation.
- Saudi Arabia reports the execution and crucifixion, in Mecca, of a man from Myanmar. The man was sentenced for breaking into the home of a woman and stabbing her, which led to her death, as well as for other crimes.
- Yazidi demonstrators at Calgary City Hall in Calgary, Alberta call for the Canadian government to help with efforts to reunite family members in Canada who fled the genocide perpetrated by ISIL in 2014 with those still living in Iraq.
- Alleged Saudi-led coalition airstrikes on a fish market and hospital entrance kill at least 20 people in Al Hudaydah, Yemen. A Saudi spokesman denies that its jets were in the area at the time, and blames rebels instead.
- At least four people, including two police officers, are killed in a mass shooting in Fredericton, Canada.