Jimmy Wales, co-founder of Wikipedia, is facing allegations that he used the Wikimedia Foundation funds to pay for personal expenses.
- The Washington Post
- The Wikimedia Foundation and eight other organisations file a lawsuit in the state of Maryland, US against the National Security Agency and the United States Department of Justice regarding the NSA's mass surveillance program. The Wikimedia Foundation is the owner and parent company of Wikipedia.
- Jimmy Wales clarifies the recent media statements made about possible changes to Wikipedia editorial content.
- In the June 6 issue of "TIME Magazine", Wikipedia and its founder Jimmy Wales have been featured in a story on the rise of wiki technology.
- The United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals rules that Wikimedia Foundation has the legal right to challenge the National Security Agency Upstream program of mass online surveillance. This decision reinstates the suit that had been dismissed by a Federal district judge in Baltimore, Maryland. Eight other organizations, including Amnesty International USA and the Global Fund for Women, are also plaintiffs in this case.
- Monitoring group Turkey Blocks reports that a provisional administrative order blocks access to all language editions of Wikipedia in Turkey.