French liquor group Pernod Ricard is buying Vin & Sprit, the maker of Absolut Vodka, for SEK 55 billion ($9.24 billion).
- MarketWatch (Image)
- French police launch an investigation into the disappearance of Meng Hongwei, the president of Interpol. He was reported missing after traveling to his native country of China last week.
- French President Emmanuel Macron accepts the resignation of Minister of the Interior Gerard Collomb.
- At least 10 people have been killed by flash floods in the Aude region of south-western France. A bridge also collapsed in the locality of Villegailhenc, while all roads are inaccessible in Carcassonne.
- Heavy floods affect France and Italy: in the French city of Sainte Maxime, two people drown after their vehicle is swept away by floodwater. In the Italian city of Cagliari, a woman is found dead inside her car, while another man is missing. A bridge also collapses and roads are damaged.
- The foreign ministers of Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, China and Iran agree to the creation of a Special Purpose Vehicle, a financial facility in the European Union, to facilitate payments and continue trade with Iran after the US withdrawal from the Iran deal.