The President of Indonesia Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono meets with the Prime Minister of Australia John Howard to discuss security issues and the possibility of a bilateral free trade agreement.
- AFP via ABC News Australia
- Australia and Indonesia sign a code of conduct to govern diplomatic ties following revelations in late 2013 that Australia's Defence Signals Directorate had tapped the phones of the President of Indonesia Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.
- Indonesian protesters gather outside the Australian embassy in Jakarta and protesters burn Australian flags to protest alleged bugging of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's phone.
- Indonesia recalls its ambassador to Australia and will "review" Australian diplomatic positions in Jakarta following revelations that Australia had tapped the phone of the President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and his wife.
- President of Indonesia Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono receives a medal of Knighthood of the Order of the Bath from Queen Elizabeth II.
- Queen Elizabeth II appoints former Prime Minister of Australia John Howard and British painter David Hockney to the Order of Merit.
- The President of Indonesia, Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, orders the National Police's Detachment 88 counter-terrorism squad to investigate a recent suicide bombing in Solo, Java.
- The President of Indonesia Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono condemns the beheading of an Indonesian maid in Saudi Arabia and condemns the Saudi Government of breaking the "norms and manners" of international relations.
- Indonesia's National Human Rights Commission submits a report to President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono on its investigations into reports of torture of Papuans by soldiers, and urges him to take action against human rights violations by security forces in the eastern Papua region.
- President of Indonesia Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono cancels a state visit to the Netherlands in protest of a possible court arrest.
- An audience member throws shoes at former Prime Minister of Australia John Howard during an appearance on Q&A on ABC1.