The Israeli Defense Force suspends a company for shooting an unarmed man in West Bank city of Hebron.
The Israeli Defence Force (IDF) has suspended an entire army company from duty following the shooting of an unarmed Palestinian man in the West Bank on Thursday.
- Palestinians and the Israeli army scuffle in Jerusalem, Bethlehem and at the Qalandia border crossing over the status of Jerusalem. Clashes are also reported in Gaza, Ramallah, Hebron and Qalqilya. In conflicts where Israeli law enforcement used live ammunition and Palestinians threw rocks, two Palestinians died in Gaza while 150 were wounded and two more were killed in the West Bank while a further 10 were wounded.
- UNESCO declares the old city of Hebron and the Cave of the Patriarchs, both in the West Bank, as world heritage sites.
- Israeli agents, disguised as Arabs escorting a woman in labor, raids a hospital in Hebron, West Bank, seizing a Palestinian suspected of stabbing and shooting dead his cousin.
- One Palestinian is killed and three Israeli soldiers injured in two attacks in the West Bank. According to the Israeli army, the Palestinian was shot dead after attempting to stab soldiers at a military checkpoint near the Beit Einun village in Hebron. In a second incident in the same area, a driver rammed and injured three Israeli paramilitary border policemen with his car before fleeing the scene. None of the three were injured seriously.
- Israeli border police shoot dead a 17-year-old girl after she approached them with a knife in the southern West Bank city of Hebron.