Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf, by long tradition an honorary member of the AIK soccer club, concedes that he is a supporter of the rivaling club DjurgCNYrden.
- TT via Dagens Nyheter
- Sweden celebrates the 70th birthday of their King Carl XVI Gustaf, whose celebration was attended by fellow European royals, including Denmark's Margrethe II, former King of Spain Juan Carlos I and former Queen of the Netherlands Beatrix.
- Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden angers some Swedes by his praise of Sultan and Yang di-Pertuan Negara of Brunai Hassanal Bolkiah.
- A fire in a building housing the Portuguese, Tunisian, Argentinian and Belgian embassies in Stockholm, Sweden injures 14 people. A man is arrested on suspicion of arson.
- Danish inventor and submariner Peter Madsen is convicted of the murder of Swedish journalist Kim Wall and sentenced to life in prison.
- A flaw, called the "Ghost in the Locks" exploit, is reported with hotel keycard systems created by the Swedish lock company Assa Abloy. The company states that they began deploying a patch in February.