Mohammad Ashfaq, a government appointed imam, is chased out of the Red Mosque in Pakistan by 200 students. A suicide bomb near the mosque kills at least 13 and injures another 50.
- ABC News Australia
- Reuters via Canada.com
- An explosion near the Red Mosque in the Pakistani capital Islamabad kills at least 10 people. The attack came on the first anniversary of the deadly siege and storming of the Red Mosque.
- Lal Masjid clashes: At least seven people have been killed in clashes between security forces and militant students at a mosque in the Pakistani capital Islamabad.
- More than 200 people die in accidents related to storms in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Local authorities in Goa, India, issue a terror alert for the West Coast for fishing vessels, resorts, barges, and offshore casinos. The alert states a fishing vessel may be used to launch a terrorist attack. The Ports Minister states that Pakistan has seized an Indian fishing vessel in connection with the alleged plot.
- The United States designates the Milli Muslim League and Tehreek-e-Azaadi Jammu and Kashmir, both Pakistani groups, as terrorist organisations.