Five thousand Zimbabweans have been arrested in the last month for violating price controls.
- AP via CNN
- Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe fires prosecutor Johannes Tomana.
- Since December, flooding in Zimbabwe has killed 246 people and nearly 2,000 more have been left homeless, according to officials.
- A Zimbabwe high court judge drops charges against Theo Bronkhorst, the professional hunter who led the expedition that resulted in the death of the lion named Cecil, because the prosecutor's filing was not properly constituted, and was "too vague to enable (the defendant) to mount a proper defense."
- The High Court of Zimbabwe overturns bans on protests in Harare.
- Around ten heads of state attend the 17th Non-aligned Movement summit in Isla Margarita, Venezuela, including Evo Morales of Bolivia, Raul Castro of Cuba, Rafael Correa of Ecuador, Hassan Rouhani of Iran, Mahmoud Abbas of the State of Palestine, Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, and Venezuela's president Nicolas Maduro.