An independent review set up by NASA finds out that astronauts were allowed to fly despite being drunk in at least two occasions.
- A NASA internal investigation finds no evidence of heavy drinking or drunkenness amongst astronauts prior to missions.
- Three astronauts return from a mission to the International Space Station, Briton Tim Peake of the European Space Agency, Timothy Kopra of NASA and Russian cosmonaut Yuri Malenchenko.
- Astronaut Scott Kelly announces his retirement from NASA effective April 1. Kelly holds the record for the American who has spent the most time in space.
- NASA astronauts on board "Atlantis" complete the final spacewalk of the Space Shuttle era, recouping an ammonia pump on the International Space Station (ISS).
- NASA astronaut Mark Kelly, the husband of Rep Gabrielle Giffords shot last month, announces that he will resume training to command the Space Shuttle Endeavour's final mission STS-134 in April.