Two people are killed and four injured in an explosion at the Mojave Airport in California.
Two people were killed and four others seriously injured on Thursday in an explosion at an airport in the California desert, news reports said.
- South Australia finalizes a deal with Tesla, spearheaded by tweets originating from CEO of Tesla Elon Musk, to install a battery system in the state. Tesla said in a statement that upon completion by December 2017, the system would be the largest lithium-ion battery storage project in the world, overtaking an 80 megawatt-hour power station at Mira Loma in California also built using Tesla batteries.
- Numerous U.S. states, including California, Mississippi, Kentucky and New York, reject requests for voter registration data from President Donald Trump's voter fraud commission.
- A heat wave strikes the Western U.S. states of Arizona, California, and Nevada. It is predicted to last until June 23.
- Four people, including the gunman, are dead, and six injured, after a man opens fire at people in a UPS building in the Potrero Hill neighborhood of San Francisco, California.
- The Assembly of California votes in favor of ending a ban which barred members of the Communist Party USA from holding positions in the state government.
- California independence supporters submit their second formal bid for a 2018 ballot concerning Calexit.
- One person is killed and seven are injured in a shooting at a pool party in San Diego, California. The suspect is killed by police.
- The United States test launch a Minuteman III missile from California to the Marshall Islands.
- A speculative study hypothesizes that a species of ''Homo'' may have lived in California 130,000 years ago.
- An affiliate of the NRA sues California for alleged discrimination.