North Korea walks out of talks with South Korea over the failure to resolve a sea border.
North Korean officials stormed out of talks with their South Korean counterparts on Thursday over a disagreement over their shared sea border.
- AP via Fox News
- North Korea test fires several missiles, believed to be anti-ship weapons. The test comes immediately after South Korea suspends further deployment of the THAAD anti-missile system.
- A North Korean soldier defects to South Korea after swimming across the Han River, the second North Korean defection in a week.
- A North Korean soldier crosses the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) and defects to South Korea, the first since September 2016.
- North Korea launches a Short-Range Ballistic missile near Wonsan towards the Sea of Japan, according to South Korea. The missile reportedly lands in Japan's exclusive economic zone (EEZ) after traveling 450 km.
- South Korea reports North Korea fired a Pukguksong-2 intermediate-range ballistic missile that flew 500 km before landing in the Sea of Japan.
- U.S. and South Korean officials confirm that North Korea launched a test missile from the west coast city of Kusong. The projectile travelled to the east for 30 minutes and 435|mi|km reaching an altitude of more than 1245|mi|km before landing in the Sea of Japan, 60|mi|km south of the Russian city of Vladivostok.
- North Korea fires a medium-range ballistic missile about 60 kilometers (37 miles) into its eastern waters, in the direction of Japan according to United States and South Korean officials.
- The United States deploys parts of its Terminal High Altitude Area Defense in South Korea amidst high tension caused by North Korea's escalation of its missile and nuclear weapons programs.
- South Korea claims that North Korea has fired several missiles from the Sohae Satellite Launching Station into the Sea of Japan.
- South Korea announces it will be raising its US$217,000 cash reward for classified information from North Korea by defectors to $860,000.