Nurses in Fiji go on strike over a 5 per cent pay cut imposed on them by the interim government of Frank Bainimarama with teachers and other government workers to join them next week.
Nurses in Fiji are holding a national strike over a pay cut forced on them by the country's interim government.
- Fijian general election, 2014:Voters in Fiji go to the polls for the first election since a coup in 2006 with coup leader Voreqe Bainimarama's Fiji First Party achieving 60 per cent of the vote.
- Commodore Frank Bainimarama, Prime Minister of Fiji's military government, says a new constitution will be ready by February 2013.
- News Corporation sells the ''Fiji Times'' to Fijian company Motibhai two weeks before a deadline set by the government of interim Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama.
- Fiji leader Frank Bainimarama opens a meeting, "Engaging the Pacific".
- Fiji imprisons eight men for an assassination attempt on Commodore Frank Bainimarama in 2007.
- Australia and New Zealand expel Fiji's top diplomats in response to the decision of the Government of Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama to expel senior Australian and New Zealand diplomats from Fiji.
- New Zealand's Prime Minister John Key says he believes Fiji's self-appointed Prime Minister Commodore Frank Bainimarama has given up on the Pacific Islands Forum.
- The 39th annual Pacific Islands Leaders Forum opens in Niue, but is boycotted by Fijian leader Frank Bainimarama.
- New Zealand condemns the expulsion of its High Commissioner to Fiji, Mike Green, by Frank Bainimarama's military government, which gave no reason for the expulsion.
- The Prime Minister of Fiji Frank Bainimarama sends in troops to close down the headquarters of Fiji's Great Council of Chiefs.