North and South Korea conduct high-level talks to resolve a border dispute.
- Two South Korean media personnel from KBS News are arrested for trespassing the home of a North Korean envoy in Singapore.
- At 23:30 local time, North Korea changes its time zone to match South Korea (UTC+09:00) - a "first practical" impetus for Korean reunification, says the official North Korean agency KCNA.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in meets with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un the second time in recent months at the peace village on the Northern side to discuss the topic of the June 12 summit in Singapore between the U.S. and North Korea, which was cancelled then left with the possibility of happening the day after.
- North Korea stated that it would dismantle the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Site between May 23-25 ahead of the Donald Trump-Kim Jong-un summit meeting. Furthermore, North Korea invited journalists from the United States, South Korea, China, Russia, and the United Kingdom to cover the process.
- South Korean officials say that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un stated during his summit meeting with South Korean President Moon Jae-in that he would close the country's Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Site in May.