Vladimir Putin, the President of Russia, accuses the United Kingdom of "colonial thinking" for wishing to extradite Andrei Lugovoi to face trial for the alleged murder of Alexander Litvinenko.
Latest breaking news, including politics, crime and celebrity. Find stories, updates and expert opinion.
- The Telegraph
- Russia says that it will launch a criminal case against Andrei Lugovoi if the United Kingdom provides it with convincing evidence of Lugovoi's involvement in the murder of Alexander Litvinenko.
- The UK Crown Prosecution Service announces that Andrei Lugovoi, an ex-KGB agent, will be charged in connection with the poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko, also a former KGB agent.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin in a ceremony at 10 Downing Street awards the Order of Maritime Service to six British military and civilian personnel responsible for the rescue of the mini-submarine AS-28 off the Kamchatka Peninsula.
- King Salman of Saudi Arabia visits Russian President Vladimir Putin in the Moscow Kremlin. They discuss oil prices and the Syrian Civil War.
- Russian president Vladimir Putin signs decree to implement UNSC sanctions on North Korea.