War in Afghanistan: Approximately 60 Taliban and six North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) troops die in two days of heavy fighting.
Afghan and US-led troops have killed more than 60 Taliban rebels in two days of fierce fighting, while six NATO soldiers died in separate clashes, officials say.
- AFP via ABC News Australia
- Officials announce that Afghan security forces have retaken Nawa District from the Taliban.
- The Afghan government claims that Taliban leader Mohammad Omar died in April 2013 in Pakistan of natural causes.
- War in Afghanistan (2001-present):2014 Kabul Serena Hotel attack: Four suspected Taliban members attack the luxurious Kabul Serena Hotel, killing at least 9 people, including 4 foreigners.
- War in Afghanistan:Senior Taliban commander Asmatullah Shaheen Bhittani is killed in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- War in Afghanistan (2001-present):The Taliban kills four Afghan National Army troops in an attack on an intelligence office near Kabul.
- War in Afghanistan:Taliban forces attack near the Presidential Palace in Kabul.
- War in Afghanistan (2001-present):Taliban insurgents attack two checkpoints in the Kamdesh District in eastern Afghanistan killing four Afghan police officers
- War in Afghanistan (2001-present):Seven heavily armed Taliban militants launch a coordinated attack near the main international airport of the Afghan capital, Kabul, and seize a five-story building under construction nearby. Afghan security forces retake the building, killing all seven militants and sustaining no military or civilian casualties.
- War in Afghanistan (2001-present):The Taliban kills four US soldiers in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan.
- War in Afghanistan (2001-present):At least 46 people are killed and more than 100 injured following an attack by Taliban militants armed with suicide vests on a courthouse in Farah, Afghanistan.