Voters in Cameroon go to the polls for parliamentary elections. Opposition leaders denounce the election as fraudulent.
- Protests take place in Cameroon following the arrest of several opposition leaders and internet services being cut off in the nation's English-speaking areas.
- A Nigerian Air Force jet mistakenly bombs a refugee camp in Borno State, near the border with Cameroon, killing at least 90 people and injuring more than 100. The pilot reportedly believed he was attacking Boko Haram militants.
- A passenger train derails in central Cameroon, killing at least 53 people and injuring 575 others.
- At least 15 people are killed and 50 are wounded following two suicide bombings in Cameroon's Far North Region.
- Two suicide bombers kill at least 24 people and injure 112 others at a market in northern Cameroon.
- Suicide bombers kill at least 32 people and injure 66 others in northern Cameroon, near the border with Nigeria.
- A suicide bomb attack in Fotokol, a town in Cameroon's Far North Region near the Nigerian border kills at least nine people.
- At least eight people are killed following a suicide bomb attack in northern Cameroon's Sangueleri region near the Nigerian border. Boko Haram have previously carried out attacks in the region.
- Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari visits neighboring Cameroon to bolster support for a multinational army to fight Boko Haram.
- A 13-year-old female suicide bomber attacks in the Cameroonian town of Maroua, killing 20 people and injuring another 70.