Irish golfer Pdraig Harrington wins the British Open defeating Sergio Garca in a playoff.
- Golfer Pdraig Harrington of Ireland wins his second successive Open Championship (British Open).
- The woman whose remains were found scattered along the Military Road in Wicklow, Ireland was named locally today as Patricia O'Connor, a 61 year old from Rathfarnham. A man was arrested in connection with this on Tuesday.
- Tiger Woods, an American professional golfer, is arrested for driving under the influence due to mixing medications, no alcohol was detected in his system.
- Avian flu virus H5N8 outbreaks are reported in birds in India, Germany, Finland, Ireland, the Netherlands, and several other European nations. The World Health Organization advised on 17 November that human infection is possible, but unlikely, based on information available.
- Taoiseach Enda Kenny says that Irish unity must be considered in Brexit talks.