The death toll of recent floods in China rises to 40.
- Cover Image
- Rescue workers start pumping water from a flooded coal mine in Xintai, Shandong where 172 Chinese miners are trapped.
- Rescuers race to reach over 180 coal miners trapped in two flooded mines in Shandong province in China.
- 172 coal miners are trapped in a flooded mine in Shandong province in eastern China.
- Flooding caused by Tropical Storm Pabuk causes widespread flooding in Guangdong Province in southern China affecting up to 1.2 million people.
- Flood alerts are issued for Hubei province in China as the swollen Yangtze River puts the Three Gorges Dam to the test. Another 27 people have died and Beijing's airport was closed on Monday night due to heavy rain.
- Sixty-nine miners are trapped in a flooded coal mine in Henan province in central China.
- Deaths in China from floods, lightning and landslides during the summer approach 700.
- Storms continue in China with floods and landslides with 150 deaths occurring last week in the country due to storms.
- More than 100 people die in floods and landslides in China.
- Twenty people die and 9 are missing after a flood in a coal mine in Fushun, a city in the province of Shenyang in China.