In the UK, the Royal Air Force has one of its busiest weekends in peacetime rescuing hundreds of people from flooding after days of heavy rain lead to widespread flooding.
- Summer 2007 United Kingdom floods: Flood water levels in the River Thames is expected to rise further as England expects more heavy rain. Two people die in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire trying to pump water out of a club.
- Large portions of Frankfurt, Germany, are evacuated as local authorities work to defuse a bomb left over from a Royal Air Force raid during World War II. The evacuation is the largest to occur in Europe since World War II.
- Around 50,000 people are evacuated from the German city of Hanover while bomb disposal experts defuse three bombs dropped by the Royal Air Force during World War II.
- Since December, flooding in Zimbabwe has killed 246 people and nearly 2,000 more have been left homeless, according to officials.
- Floods resulting from the annual monsoon season cause 22 deaths and make 100,000 people homeless in India.