Shoaib Mansoor's Khuda Ke Liye is released all over Pakistan by Geo Films and is considered to be the revival of cinema in Pakistan.
- More than 200 people die in accidents related to storms in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Local authorities in Goa, India, issue a terror alert for the West Coast for fishing vessels, resorts, barges, and offshore casinos. The alert states a fishing vessel may be used to launch a terrorist attack. The Ports Minister states that Pakistan has seized an Indian fishing vessel in connection with the alleged plot.
- The United States designates the Milli Muslim League and Tehreek-e-Azaadi Jammu and Kashmir, both Pakistani groups, as terrorist organisations.
- An initial report on a collision between container ships MV "Tolten" and MV " Hamburg Bay" near Karachi, Pakistan, that caused millions of rupees in damage and lost cargo last month suggests errors by MV "Tolten"s captain caused the collision and better tug provision by Karachi Port would have prevented it.
- Afghan and Pakistani forces exchange cross-border fire on the Durand Line, killing two Pakistan Army troops and injuring five others.