U.S. President George W. Bush holds talks with the President of Russia Vladimir Putin in Kennebunkport, Maine discussing missile defense and Iran.
- AP via NYT
- ''33rd G8 summit:'' President of the United States George W. Bush and President of Russia Vladimir Putin meet to discuss missile defense.
- United States President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin discuss the uprising in Syria, Iran, and trade at the summit.
- President of the United States George W. Bush and President of Russia Vladimir Putin hold their final talks in their current positions.
- APEC: The President of Russia Vladimir Putin signs a uranium deal with the Prime Minister of Australia John Howard before meeting with the President of the United States George W. Bush.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin fail to agree on a peace deal regarding the Syrian civil war.
- The President of the United States George W. Bush and the President of France Nicolas Sarkozy warn Syria to break with Iran and state that they will not allow Iran to obtain nuclear weapons.
- President George W. Bush says that he wants to solve the Iran issue peacefully but "all options are on the table" in a joint media conference with the Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel.
- President George W. Bush attends the final United States-European Union summit of his Presidency with agreements to tighten sanctions against Iran for its nuclear program.
- Admiral William Fallon resigns as Commander of the U.S. Central Command due to reports in ''Esquire Magazine'' of disagreement with President George W. Bush over the administration's policy with Iran.
- The President of France Nicolas Sarkozy travels to Moscow to meet with the President of Russia Vladimir Putin to discuss a broad range of policies including Kosovo, Chechnya, and Iran.