The United States accuses Iran of using Hezbollah to train Shia militants in Iraq. The Iranian Defence Minister had earlier called the US the "biggest sponsor of terrorism" in the world.
- Press TV
- United States President Barack Obama, at the Gulf Cooperation Council Summit in Saudi Arabia, says the United States will continue to deter and confront aggression against Gulf Arab states; joins others in warning the fragile cease-fire in Syria is on the verge of collapse; pledges vigilance about Iran's destabilizing activities in the Middle East; wants Gulf allies to offer more democratic reforms and improve human rights; and, says the U.S. and its Gulf partners should wait to see whether Iraq can resolve its political crisis before committing more financial aid which is impeding the fight against ISIL.
- Syrian President Bashar Assad hosts Hezbollah head Hassan Nasrallah and Iranian leader Ahmadinajad in Damascus where they condemn the United States and Israel
- The United States claims to have released five Iranian diplomats held in Iraq since 2007, but in fact delivers them into Iraqi custody.
- Three United States tourists are detained by Iranians in Iraq.
- Manouchehr Mottaki, the Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs, announces Iran has agreed to a new round of talks about Iraq with the United States.