The trial over the murder of Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink opens in Istanbul, Turkey.
- MV "Vitaspirit", a 225-meter cargo ship, crashes into a 200-year-old historic coastal mansion on the outskirts of Istanbul, Turkey after an engine failure during a voyage from Russia to Saudi Arabia.
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan calls 15 peaceful anti-war protestors arrested last month at Bogazici University in Istanbul terrorists and says they will not be allowed to complete their education.
- Saeed Karimian, the founder and director of GEM TV, a Persian language network based in Dubai, is shot dead in Istanbul, Turkey, along with his Kuwaiti business partner. Karimian had previously been tried in absentia by a Tehran court and sentenced to six years in prison for spreading propaganda against Iran.
- Two bombs, one detonated by a suicide bomber, near the Vodafone Arena in Istanbul, Turkey, kill at least 29 people and injure more than 150 others. Ten people have been arrested in relation to the bombings.
- A motorcycle bomb in the Yenibosna neighborhood of Istanbul, Turkey, injures 10 civilians.