Two United States Army soldiers are charged with murder of an Iraqi and their battalion commander is relieved of duty due to the incident.
- The Los Angeles Times
- The United States Army's elite Delta Force captures their first suspected ISIL operative during a raid in northern Iraq. The detainee is being interrogated by the U.S. and is expected to be turned over to Iraqi officials in the coming days.
- The last convoy of United States Army soldiers withdraws from Iraq, marking the formal end of the Iraq War.
- United States Army Major General Anthony Cucolo makes pregnancy a court-martial offense for both female and male troops under his command in northern Iraq.
- A United States Army soldier kills five comrades at Camp Liberty in Baghdad, Iraq.
- A United States Army CH-47 Chinook helicopter crashes in southern Iraq killing seven United States soldiers.
- Eleven people are killed and 20 wounded in clashes between Iraqi militias and the United States Army in the Sadr City district of Baghdad.
- Eight United States Army soldiers are killed in two bombings in Iraq.
- Three United States Army soldiers are killed and another two wounded by small arms fire in the northern Salahuddin province of Iraq.
- Iraqi insurgency: The United States Army releases five Iranian suspects who had been arrested in Iraq.
- United States and Iraqi forces arrest at least 20 suspected militants in Kirkuk, Iraq.