Three bombs in Pakistan kill at least 52 people with at least 160 people killed in bomb attacks since the storming of the Lal Masjid mosque.
- Pakistani forces demolish the front walls of the Lal Masjid mosque in Islamabad.
- Islamic militants occupy a shrine in a tribal area of Pakistan and name it after the Lal Masjid in Islamabad recently stormed by the Pakistan army.
- The Lal Masjid in Islamabad is closed indefinitely following a suicide bombing with Pakistani authorities warning of more bomb attacks to come.
- Pakistani forces storm the Lal Masjid Mosque in Islamabad, bringing the Lal Masjid siege to an end. At least 3 soldiers and 40 militants die in the assault. [http:--www.reuters.com-article-topNews-idUSISL18833720070710?feedType=RSS (Reuters)] [http:--www.foxnews.com-story-0,2933,288736,00.html (FOX)]. Abdul Rashid Ghazi, a top clerics was confirmed dead according to Interior ministry sources.
- Pakistani forces rescue Canadian Joshua Boyle, American Caitlan Coleman, and their family, in the Kurram Valley. The family had been kidnapped by the Taliban nearly five years ago in Afghanistan's Wardak Province.