The National Resistance Movement, the governing party of Uganda, announces plans to introduce compulsory national service.
- The Kampala Monitor
- The ruling National Resistance Movement in Uganda endorses incumbent President Yoweri Museveni to run for a fourth term in presidential elections in early 2011.
- Fourteen police and 41 militants are killed in clashes in western Uganda, leading to the arrest of tribal Rwenzururu king Charles Mumbere.
- A magnitude 5.7 earthquake occurs in northern Tanzania, near Lake Victoria, killing at least 13 people and injuring 200 others. Tanzanian authorities report significant damage in the town of Bukoba. The governments of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda report tremors.
- In compliance with recent UN Security Council resolutons, President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda announces an end to security and military cooperation with North Korea.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye, during her state visit to Ethiopia to work toward full-scale defense cooperation, pledges $1 million in aid for drought recovery. Park is expected to continue to Uganda and Kenya after this visit.