Suspected militants attack a Pakistan army convoy detonating a bomb and opening fire leading to the loss of at least 16 lives and 14 more injuries.
An attack on a convoy in northwestern Pakistan killed 16 soliders and wounded 14 others, Pakistani military officials said on Wednesday.
- AP via Fox News
- A convoy of at least 27 fuel tankers headed for NATO forces in Afghanistan is attacked in Pakistan's Sindh province.
- Waziristan War: The Pakistan government disputes claims by pro-Taliban militants that they have captured 300 Pakistan Army soldiers stating that a convoy of 100 soldiers has been trapped and they are working to relieve them.
- Waziristan conflict (July 2007-present): At least 24 Pakistani soldiers are killed by a suicide attack by militants on a convoy in Waziristan near the Afghanistan border.
- A roadside bomb kills five people in Bajaur, Pakistan.
- The origin of the zero may have been in South Asia according to a Sanskrit script housed in the United Kingdom since 1902 and discovered in Bakhshali near Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Pakistan postpones a visit from U.S. acting Assistant Secretary of State Alice Wells, its foreign ministry says, as some protest President Donald Trump's accusations that Pakistan is harbouring terrorists.
- Pakistan holds a state funeral for German-born Catholic nun Ruth Pfau, known as "Pakistan's Mother Teresa," who devoted her life to eradicating leprosy in the South Asian country.
- A suicide bombing took place near a Pakistan army truck in Quetta, Balochistan, Pakistan, leaving 15 people dead including 8 soldiers, while injuring 40 others.
- Chinese authorities report "grave concern" over reports that two kidnapped Chinese teachers in Quetta, Pakistan, were killed by members of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
- At least twelve people die and two others are injured after a cable car falls nearly 500 feet into a ditch in Charra Pani, Galyat, Pakistan.