The High Judicial Council of Libya commutes the death sentences against six foreign medical workers to life imprisonment.
- Reuters via CNN
- The Supreme Court of Libya upholds the death penalty for the six Bulgarian medics and one Palestinian doctor accused of infecting children with HIV.
- In Libya, Muammar al-Gaddafi states that he is not going to pardon five Bulgarian nurses that face a death penalty accused of injecting children with the HIV
- At least five migrants have died and ninety are missing after their boat sinks off the western coast of Libya.
- The European Union restricts the exports of inflatable boats to Libya.
- Bahrain, Egypt, Libya, the Maldives, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the internationally recognized government of Yemen sever diplomatic ties with Qatar, ordering Qatari citizens in those countries to be expelled as well as cutting all land, air and sea connections. "National security," "media incitement" and Qatar's support of Iran are variously cited.