The President of the United States announces a Middle East peace conference in the fall involving Israel, Palestinians and neighboring countries.
- President of the United States Barack Obama begins a four-day visit to the Middle East, visiting Palestine and Israel.
- President of the United States Barack Obama meets with a range of Middle East leaders in pursuit of peace between Israel and Palestine, including Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu, President of the Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas, King of Jordan Abdullah II and President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: The Arab League disavowed the final statement made by the Zayed Center for Coordination and Follow-Up, claiming that they adhere to a policy of supporting Israel's right to exist within pre-1967 borders, and restating that the conflict in the Middle East is between Palestinians and Israelis, not all Jews.
- Israeli troops shoot dead ten Palestinians near the Israel-Gaza barrier, including a Palestinian journalist, as protests continue.
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warns Israel to use "extreme caution" as further protests are held at the Gazan border. Israeli Defence Forces open fire again, killing at least seven Palestinians.