China punishes 95 officials for allowing workers and children to labour in slave-like conditions in brick kilns.
China has punished dozens of officials for allowing slave-like exploitation of workers and children in brick kilns, but announced criminal investigations against only six.
- Chinese police rescue 31 workers kept as slaves at a brickworks in Linfen, in Shanxi province, run by the son of a local official of the Communist Party of China.
- The Dominican Republic severs ties with Taiwan and establishes diplomatic relations with China.
- The Indian Army rejects Chinese categorisations of its patrols in Asaphila near the disputed Arunachal Pradesh border as "transgressions", and accuses China of damaging Indian roadlaying equipment.
- A bus crashes near Genting Highlands in Bentong, Pahang, Malaysia, hitting a car and a barrier. Twenty-three people are injured, including sixteen Chinese tourists.
- China threatens tariffs of 25% on the import of 106 U.S. products, including soybeans and Boeing aircraft in reaction to a previous U.S. threat of tariffs worth up to $50 billion.