ATN Bangla television reports that Bangladeshi police have arrested former Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina on charges of extorting money from a businessman.
- AP via IHT
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina rejects demands by Islamists for a new anti-blasphemy law to punish those who defame Islam and Prophet Muhammad.
- The Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh and the Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina sign an accord ending four decades of disputes over the borders of India and Bangladesh.
- More than 100 ministers and heads of state attend a United Nations meeting on the global hunger crisis. Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina tables a five-pronged set of recommendations to raise a hunger-free world.
- Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina accuses the Burmese government of "atrocities" against the Rohingya people and calls for these alleged atrocities to stop.
- A Bangladesh Court issues an arrest warrant, the second one so far, for former Prime Minister Khaleda Zia and 27 opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party members over political violence, mostly petrol-bomb attacks, that occurred during anti-government protests last year that killed at least 120 people.
- Sheikh Hasina's Awami League wins a supermajority in Bangladesh's National Assembly.
- Sheikh Hasina, a former Prime Minister of Bangladesh detained on corruption charges, is released to seek treatment in the United States.
- The interim Government of Bangladesh arrests former Prime Minister of Bangladesh Khaleda Zia and her son on corruption charges.
- The military-backed interim government of Bangladesh files corruption charges against former Prime Minister of Bangladesh Khaleda Zia and her younger son.
- Former Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina files petitions challenging government move to try her in connection with an extortion case.